PD submits investigation involving off-duty LAPD shooting

Officer Kevin Ferguson fired a handgun during a February scuffle with a 13-year-old boy who allegedly made threats about shooting him


By Scott Schwebke
The Orange County Register

ANAHEIM, Calif. — The Anaheim Police Department submitted to prosecutors on Friday its investigation involving off-duty Los Angeles Officer Kevin Ferguson, who fired a handgun during a highly-publicized February scuffle with a 13-year-old boy and other teenagers.

Detectives have spent several hundred hours investigating the incident, Anaheim Sgt. Daron Wyatt said in a statement.

“More than 90 interviews have been completed, numerous videos have been collected and viewed, and many items of evidence have been submitted and processed,” Wyatt said. “The investigative case file consists of over 400 pages of reports and approximately 70 CDs and DVDs.”

Numerous videos of the incident surfaced showing many individuals who needed to be interviewed, Wyatt said.

“Only recently have Anaheim Police Department detectives felt confident that everyone who needed to be interviewed had been contacted,” the sergeant added.

Detectives will remain in contact with the Orange County District Attorney’s Office as prosecutors determine if charges should be filed against Ferguson, Wyatt said.

The Feb. 21 confrontation with Ferguson and the 13-year-old boy began over ongoing issues with teenagers walking across the officer’s property in the 1600 block of West Palais Road, near Euclid Street, police have said.

The off-duty cop, it appears, confronted the boy and then tried to detained him for allegedly making threats about shooting him, Anaheim’s police chief, Raul Quezada, has said.

Videos quickly surfaced on social media showing…

Read the full article from the Source…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *