• Patti Nadeau joined Age Well Arrowhead as volunteer coordinator. Nadeau previously worked as Damiano Center’s clothing programs coordinator for 16 years. She holds a bachelor’s degree in family life from the University of Minnesota Duluth and an associate degree in business administration from Lake Superior College in Duluth.
• Superior Police Department swore in four new police officers this month: Russ Milroy and Ronald Robinson, both of Superior; Charles Mahlen of Danbury; and Patrick Deignan of Duluth.
Milroy has Wisconsin Law Enforcement Officer certification while Mahlen, Robinson and Deignan are currently pursuing theirs through the Wisconsin Basic Recruit Academy at Chippewa Valley Technical College in Eau Claire, Wis. Before taking active duty, Milroy will complete the department’s field training program.
• Sean Clark was sworn in as a deputy for St. Louis County.
• The University of Minnesota Duluth promoted the following faculty members to full professor in the following fields: Jefferson Campbell and Eugene Koshinski, music; Runa Das, political science; Qiang Fang, history; John Greene, math and statistics ; Jennifer Mencl, management studies; Bedassa Tadesse, economics; Robert Weidner, sociology and anthropology. Mechanical and industrial engineering professor Brian Hinderliter received indefinite tenure.
The following UMD faculty members were promoted to associate professor with indefinite tenure: Laura Charleux, geography, urban, environment and sustainability; Kimberly Dauner, Neil Wilmot and Luiggi Donayre, economics; Lake Dziengel, social work; Alison Hoxie, mechanical and industrial engineering; Christopher Johnson and Brian McInnes, education; David Saftner and Rebecca Teasley, civil engineering; Jeanine Schroer, philosophy; Vitaly Vanchurin, physics; and Shannon Walsh, political science.
• Justin Dittmar of Duluth was promoted to asset manager at United Piping. Dittmar previously served as a project manager for six years. He holds a…